¿Preferirías que reseñara otras cosas?

sábado, 26 de julio de 2014

Black Bullet Review (No Spoilers)




    Disclaimer 1: This review is based on my personal opinion and what I find to be the most important thing to note in this anime, if you do not agree, that's your opinion. 

    Disclaimer 2: If you feel that this review does not look at the same points as in other reviews that I've done, that's probably because I thought this pints were more important in this review. 

    Negante 3: Esta es una reseña en Inglés, Si quieres ver la reseña en Español por favor siga el siguiente Link: http://segadordeltiempo.blogspot.com/2014/07/resena-de-black-bullet-sin-spoilers.html

    In the year 2011, humanity has almost been destroyed by parasites called Gastrea, in 2021 (10 years later) the few survivors are held in the city of Tokyo, protected by huge towers that repel the Gastrea (since the towers are made ​​of a material that not only repel them but it can also destroy them if shooted at enough speed) and where people live in fear that someday the Gastrea might try to finish what they started ... the few Gastrea that achieve to enter the city are eliminated by the "Civil Security": people with enough authority to wield weapons capable of eliminating the Gastrea and accompanied by an initiator (girls with superhuman abilities) or, as they're also called, the "Cursed girls" as they are the product of Gastreas that raped pregnant women during the first war against Gastrea and therefore the little girls are highly feared and hated. The story begins with a member of the Civil Security called Satomi Rentaro and her Initiator Aihara Enju who are fighting the Gastrea but they may end up discover a possible greater evil: The very people they are trying to protect ... 

Satomi Rentaro (up) and Enju Aihara (down), our two main protagonists

    Created by Kanzaki Shiden in 2011 being originally a light novel (which is still publishing) published by the company Dengeki Bunko: which tend to publish the works of new talents as Kanzaki. Other works have also been published by this company as Acchel World, Persona 2 , Oreimo, My Girlfriend Pet from Sakurasao, Shakugan no Shana, and many more; This company belongs to ASC II Media Works which belongs to Kadokawa (Kadokawa has a lot of companies under it's division, and those companies has their own divisions), ASCII Media Works is a company that is responsible for making various types of magazines (one for PlayStation, one for Nintendo, one that publishes light novels, etc.) after seeing that Black Bullet obtained popularity, they decided to make a Manga adaptation, made by Dengenki Maoh (Manga) in August 2012, and in 2014, Kinema Citrus and Orange were responsible for the anime adaptation. 

  Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Mystery and Seinen (basically manga for young adults that touchs things normally aren't touched like raping and the likes); this anime gives every indication of being something interesting and will keep you hooked until the end, either by the plot, the characters or the situation, you'll find something to keep you hooked, so I'll mention what I think is best in here, or at least, what it hooked me on: 

1 - History: If we talk in terms of originality, this anime is not the first one to be set in a post-apocalyptic world, but if we talk about plot twists this is an interesting one: The idea that everyone tries to live day to day, like if everything is the same and nothing bad is happening, but remembering that they are surrounded by creatures capable of destroying them (is like if they were used to the fear itself), I find that fascinating and intriguing at the same time, as people try to live quietly, their fear is reflected when they found themselves in danger or when they see something (or someone) to blame for their predicament (making them kinda like the society of today), making you wonder if this city really should be protected or if they deserve it; the story, even when focusing on Satomi, Enju and company (which is good), it keeps in reminding us that this story is not only about them, but also of the city and its inhabitants by showing us how they change their way of being/acting to others and the "cursed girls", which also show how society can be when they're in the harshest of predicaments and what they are capable of doing when they let themselves lose to panic and despair (Danganronpa anyone?), which I find interesting and respectable. 

2 - Characters: The characters of this anime are all interesting, Kanzaki made sure to give to his own characters a personality that we can relate more with our lives, (i.e.) he made Satomi as a character who always seek to do good but does not want to become a Vigilante (commit execution by his own hand and claiming that he made justice), Enju although it's a girl it's left clear that she has seen terrible things (and the anime gives us light ideas of what kinds of things), but she has managed to overcome them and now tries to live a life as normal as possible with Satomi (who sees her as a girl and not a monster), and which she loves too much ... maybe ... but considering how people usually treats girls like her, no wonder she falled in love of a man who treats her nice (Satomi) and Kanzaki use her love to make comedic relief so I do not see much problem here; there are other characters that appear as the series progresses, some were not given enough screen time and others... I would have prefered for them to not appear at all; there are characters who seemed really fascinating and I felt they managed to get to a symbolic level with the protagonist (you may know which one I mean) so they may be at least one or two characters you may end up liking here... while you'll prefer the other characters to die (I'll talk about that ). 

 3 - Ideologies/ways of thinking: One of the things that we tend to note about this anime are the characters and their ideologies as a reflexion of how they see the society and high authorities; an example is Satomi, who sees the "Cursed girls" as little girls that deserves to have a better life and want to protect them from the mistreating and abuse from the society (even the police hates the girls) but by doing that he may end up becoming the public enemy No. 1; What makes this interesting to me is that the thinking is not something that was just made up out of thin air, no, the way of thinking of the society has an origin, hte fear of  the "Cursed girls" is for the destruction caused by Gastrea 10 years ago and made ​​everyone to fear the girls who are a product of them (and Ironically the are the only ones capable of dealing with the Gastrea, the city's mortal enemy), even though one may not agree with them, you can understand why they think that way, so I also give Kanzaki credit for it even though I do not like (and I'll explain). 

  And now it's time to mention the details that I did not like: 

A. - The abuse of the little girls: It may be just me (in other words pure opinion), but it has always pained me to see how those girls are mistreated and abused (seriously, it looked like if the anime just mistreated them just so we could weep more) and I understand why, and if the girls doesn't suffer, this anime would not be as good as it actually is, it also wraps as they are attacked for something which they did not even have the Control neither the fault (the girls didn't started the invasion for what we know, but they are blamed for it). I repeat: this is personal and this anime wouldn't be as good without at least a bit of this mistreating ... but ... PLEASE, give them a break! 

B. - All but the protagonists are Big Jerks: Again, this is personal, I understand that people act that way for fear (which leads to hate), but that does not mean that EVERY GUY IN EXISTENCE (aside from the protagonists and other good guys) have to be jerks who mistreats the girls (I mean that please show more generic people that actually care for these girls not only a few extras, not everybody is that way). 

  Well with this in mind I only hope they decide to continue this anime, because the light novel is still being published and that means that the story must go on, because I think this anime has the potential to be one of the best anime made in this generation or at least to be among them. 



7/10 

Hope you like it and I hope not only for the continuation of this anime, but I also hope to nerf down the ignorance of the people in this story... I think that may be applicable to today's society ... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmvlz00gFUA opening anime (the song never changes, the difference between ver. 1 and ver. 2 are the images shown but I will not put the second version for possible spoilers). 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFQmglqFW2g the first version of the ending 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wWyNtpSOZA The second version of the ending (I will give a point to those who catch the two differences between this version and the original) 
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x201mv4_nagi-tokohana-black-bullet-ending-song-full_music full ending (it was hard to get, and I was not so lucky with opening)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario