So I played Metroid II (My first pick to redeem on Club Nintendo before it shuts down)
It was something unexpected, to be a game that is many times told that it needs a remake, it does, but surpringsingly, it still plays well enough (in Metroid I got lost even with a guide, but here, I only used it once and shortly after I never needed it again, and I used it almost like, at the beggining), I thought I was gonna end up struggling with the jumping and aiming my shots... and I did... for about the first 5 minutes, after that it went well for me, what surprised me the most was the soundtrack, its SO SMALL yet so effective, I mean just listen to the title theme while remembering that you're going to a world infested with Metroids to destroy them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=453temu5BIg
And yeah, there isn't much to listen, basically when you're in caves the music practically disappears, to the point that when you listen something else you know you have gone somewhere or you're in trouble (in case you encounter Metroids), Oh, and let's not forget the star of the game: The Metroids: they start easy, I kid you not, the first encounter with an Alpha Metroid is easy, but the more they evolve (Gamma Metroid onwards), they start to become more viscious, to the point that the first time you encounter a Gamma, Zeta or Omega Metroid, you might die if you're low on energy or low on missiles, so always have those two in check.
Something that also surprised me is how revolutionary this game is for the franchise, not only by giving us the desing we all love from Samus in her Powersuit (Since the Gameboy didn't had any colors the game had to tell us somehow that we got a new suit), but also giving us the Spider-Ball (Which we wont see back until Prime), the choice to change beams at will (But you have to search for the statue that has the beam and again, not seen again until Prime), recharge rooms (rooms with Energy/missiles refills) and save rooms (Good bye to those annoying passwords), etc. And what surprise me the most: All of this in such a small game, if you get to play this you will understand what I mean.
Overall: for my first impression of the game, it leaved me very happy and satisffied with the result. making me wish even more for this game to get a remake on a 3DS. 8/10.
P.S.: Kudos for the designers for making the hatchlings just as scary as the other Metroid forms (except Alpha Metroids, too dumb and to easy).
Something that also surprised me is how revolutionary this game is for the franchise, not only by giving us the desing we all love from Samus in her Powersuit (Since the Gameboy didn't had any colors the game had to tell us somehow that we got a new suit), but also giving us the Spider-Ball (Which we wont see back until Prime), the choice to change beams at will (But you have to search for the statue that has the beam and again, not seen again until Prime), recharge rooms (rooms with Energy/missiles refills) and save rooms (Good bye to those annoying passwords), etc. And what surprise me the most: All of this in such a small game, if you get to play this you will understand what I mean.
Overall: for my first impression of the game, it leaved me very happy and satisffied with the result. making me wish even more for this game to get a remake on a 3DS. 8/10.
P.S.: Kudos for the designers for making the hatchlings just as scary as the other Metroid forms (except Alpha Metroids, too dumb and to easy).
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario